Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode? - Microsoft Community

Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode? - Microsoft Community

Looking for:

Why is zoom asking me to download audio. Improve and troubleshoot your Zoom experience 

Click here to ENTER

















































If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well. I have done like 20 times the audio testing, verified the audio selected was the one from my computer and I also verified my mic is unmuted, I have verified my zoom settings, my computer audio settings, even my camera settings and everything seems to be OK, but after recording like 20 testing videos the problem is still there.

This is the requested information, please let me know if you need anything else. BTW I also deleted cache on the browser, but the issue is still happening. Do you have any update? I have tried every single day to see if t his has been solved, but I am still having same problem. Most likely cause is the wrong mic being selected, or the mic being tied up by another app. Then go to audio settings in the Zoom App and test mic. If you see more than one mic in the drop down test all of them. The default player for my laptop was the one included in by factory called "Movies and TV" I changed the player to "Windows media player" and now I can hear the audio for the Zoom recording.

Thanks for your help on this topic. I hope this response helps to someboby else if is experiencing the same problem. Changing to Windows Media Player worked for me as well. For a while there, I thought I had lost important data.

Thanks for posting. Hi, I'm glad your problem was resolved. I was so hoping mine would work using Media Player - alas, I still have no sound on a recording. I have been trying for so long to solve this. Thank you Flor!!! Same thing worked for me. I'm glad I kept scrolling. Everyone knows to check their Mic and speaker. This is the 3RD time Zoom fails to record and important meeting. There were five participants, we here each other, this means mic and speakers were fine. A the "mute participants" in the initial setup was not checked.

Still Zoom recording failed. Very awful. I need a reliable app, and I'm not ready to spent time of fixing apps that are supposed to help me. If you can't hear a ringtone, click on the drop-down menu and select No to switch your speakers until you hear the ringtone. Then click Yes to continue to the 'access your microphone' test. Many enterprise organizations are heavy Zoom users. Obviously, all users joining a meeting need to be able to see and hear clearly from any device.

Improving audio quality means improving any meeting outcome. The best way to improve the audio quality on your Zoom calls is to use a high quality microphone and make sure it's set up properly. Computer audio meaning the microphone built into your laptop or webcam doesn't have the quality or fidelity of an independent microphone.

As well as better audio quality, you can access your microphone more easily, positioning it, and yourself optimally for the best sound delivery. Alternatively, a good quality headset will sound better than the microphone on your computer, and isolate your audio from background noise.

Zoom gives you the option of how you connect your audio when you're joining a meeting. You can connect via your computer's audio, or by dialing into a phone number. You should choose the option that gives you the best sound quality, but only choose one, otherwise you'll experience unwanted echo.

Make sure to check that your microphone isn't picking up sound from your speaker if you are using an external speaker. Echo can also occur if you're too close to another person who is on the same Zoom call. One of the most controllable things you can do to improve audio quality during a Zoom meeting is to check your proximity.

Too close to the microphone can make your voice sound muffled and accentuate all sorts of unwanted breathing and saliva noises. If you sit too far away, you risk being drowned out. If you're using a microphone built into your computer or webcam, you should position yourself within two feet of it. With an external microphone, the ideal position should be about six inches away. Zoom, in its default settings enables a suite of sound enhancements to dumb down background noise.

The downside is that using these settings can sometimes make your audio choppy. Alternatively, there apps to access that can work better than Zoom's built-in offering. If background noise is a problem during a meeting you could try Krisp , an AI-powered noise-cancellation extension for Zoom and other video conferencing apps that can help eliminate background noise from your calls.

This works well if you're working in an environment where you can't move your device, and suffer from unwanted noise like traffic sounds or ambient conversation in unavoidable. Successful meetings are dependent on monitoring and troubleshooting. There MUST be something underlying causing this issue, but no-one seems to be able to help. I even raised this as an issue with the zoom team, but they are prioritising support for their paid-service customers, so closed my issue immediately.

The only thing that has worked for me is using zoom with the power supply cable disconnected. Not ideal, but it seems to work for short term zoom calls. Really hoping someone can come up with a permanent fix for this too, as it is just so frustrating! I totally sympathise with you.

PS - we also bought two other similar slightly lower spec HP Pavilion laptops at the same time as my one for our twin daughters and they work fine, which leads me to think this is something specific to the model we have Hello, all -- I have had this same issue and found another article addressing this and here is the link. I followed the instructions and it seemed to improve but today while teaching through Zoom I still had to unplug the power cable and run off battery.

Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Search the community and support articles Windows Windows 10 Search Community member. I have the same question Report abuse.

Details required :. Cancel Submit. Previous Next. Mute people's video and audio unless needed, or reduce the number of people at the meeting. Thanks for your feedback. How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. In reply to A. User's post on May 25, In reply to DaveBodger1's post on May 26, In reply to KatieBaker2's post on June 29, Hi Katie I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem, and can really sympathise with you.

Take care in the classroom. Wendy L I love my laptop because it so much faster and smoother with all other apps and platforms except Zoom : I am happy that I'm not alone. Did you have any luck getting a resolution to this. I too have a new HP Pavilion Laptop and it wasn't cheap and this is really frustrating. I keep having to use my daughter's Ipad or Macbook instead which shows there is nothing wrong with bandwith etc as these work perfectly - beginning to wish I had bought Apple.

   

 

- Why is zoom asking me to download audio



  Sign up to join this community. Authorization is a big issue. Resources ONE. Hot Network Questions. Learn More.  


Common Zoom Audio Problems & How to Fix Them | IR.How to join a Zoom meeting | Tom's Guide



 

Is there a way to enable computer audio through the web browser version of Zoom? You'll need to upgrade your Edge browser to the newest version, which is based on Chrome. Your Windows 10 computer in S-Mode will allow this installation. Once you've upgraded Edge, then you can install an extension that will tell websites you're using Chrome, even though you're using Edge. Install the extension, and you'll see a new icon in the top right area of Edge. You can click it, and select Chrome from the second row of choices.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No. To test if you are able to join a Zoom meeting that requires authentication, please try joining this. Choose "Join with Video" or "Join without Video". How to join a Zoom Meeting - Tutorial. You can also select your audio input microphone , audio output speakers , and access your audio settings by clicking the up arrow next to the microphone icon. Chat: Send a message to one person or to all participants or ask a question if enabled by your professor.

Knowing how to join a Zoom meeting is your first step in mastering one of the best video chat apps around. While almost everyone hopes that will be quickly forgotten, some of the changes that the pandemic brought about are likely here to stay.

The most positive of these is the acceptance from companies that remote working works — just as long as everybody knows how to join a Zoom meeting. Our guides will teach you everything from how to set up a Zoom meeting to how to change your Zoom background.

Once the host starts the meeting, participants can join unless the host enabled the option allowing participants to join before the host arrives.

Alternatively, as we note below, you can sign up for Zoom with your contact info, and then your fellow Zoom users can use those details to 'call' you without an invite URL.

   

 

Why is zoom asking me to download audio. Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode?



    You don't have to download the everytime, instead, just click the "Launch Meeting" button and that will take you directly to the. read 'How to download Zoom' guide to download the app. You may be asked for a password to join the meeting. press Call via Device Audio. I don't want to switch her computer out of S mode, but when I try to run zoom through Microsoft edge it won't allow me to use computer audio.


Comments

Popular Posts